Let your mind wander, pamper your body and mind, leave everyday life behind … these are all images that one associates with the term “wellness”. It means something like “well-being” and, like the word “fitness,” describes a comprehensive and holistic concept that deals with physical well-being.
Would you like to continue your education about wellness coaching programs? The international consortium for health drives people to achieve goals through life coaching, training programs, positive psychology, healthy lifestyles, coaching sessions, and more.
You will find all information about training as personal trainers and fitness and wellness coaches – from coaching skills to coach training and coach certification programs and the requirements to become a tremendous certified health and wellness coach.
What is a wellness coach?
There are a lot of content-related overlaps and links between the two areas of wellness and fitness. Both deal with health care, nutrition, and conscious exercise, but with different and mutually complementary emphasis: fitness is more about physical performance and activity, relaxation, and reflection focus on wellness.
As a wellness coach, you work with clients and improve their health with evidence-based exercises and advice.
Due to their interdisciplinary training, wellness, and fitness, coaches can work in many different facilities and areas. In addition to the classic fitness and wellness centers, this also includes above all:
- Hotels and leisure facilities
- Spa hotels
- Health centers
- Spa facilities
- Therapeutic practices
- Tour operator
- Sports medicine facilities
What does a wellness coach do?
Your main task here is to design and implement wellness-related services and applications to increase both the physical and mental well-being of your customers.
Since wellness is a holistic concept, fitness and wellness coaches also include elements of nutritional advice and the creation of individually tailored exercise programs.
How much do wellness coaches make?
This question is not that easy to answer because, after all, a large number of different factors influence the specific income: The type of degree, employer and place of work, and work experience are just a few examples.
- Salaries of around 2.000 euros per month or less are reasonably typical in the industry.
- Higher wages are mainly paid to employees in higher or managerial positions.
- Between 2,000 and 3,000 euros per month – but with a large margin both upwards and downwards.
Even as a self-employed person, depending on your professional success, you also have a good chance of a higher income, but you have to reckon with an increased workload of 50 to 60 hours of work.
How to become a wellness coach?
Since the job title of fitness and wellness coach is not protected by law, there are different ways to qualify accordingly to the international coach federation. You can complete training that combines both areas, or you can follow up with a wellness training course after existing training as a fitness trainer.
As already mentioned, there is a sizeable thematic overlap between the areas of wellness and fitness. That is why classic fitness training courses such as anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and training and movement theory are often found in the curriculum of wellness-oriented training courses.
The participants also get to know different types of massage, relaxation techniques, and other specific wellness applications such as sauna baths, yoga, aroma and color therapy, or cosmetic treatments. Depending on the training, naturopathy can also play an important role.
- Nutritional basics
- Muscular science
- Cardiovascular system
- Basics of massage
- Psyche and health
- Customer care
- Group leader
- Stress management
- Clinical pictures
- Methodology and didactics
- Course and equipment training
Some wellness coaches also combine fitness and wellness training with specialized content from other areas, such as tourism, cosmetics, medical training, or spa management. Before you decide on a course, you should carefully consider which offer best suits you and your individual professional goals.
Training and further education in fitness and wellness are offered by many different institutes
- The admission criteria that potential participants have to meet vary accordingly. The offer in this area is so large that it is impossible to make a general statement here. While some educational providers only require a fundamental interest in the area of wellness, others require, for example, proof of a fitness trainer license, a school leaving certificate including completed vocational training, or the technical college entrance qualification. Some providers also require a completed first aid course or a medical health certificate.
- Therefore, it is best to always find out directly from the respective institute of your choice which qualifications are necessary for participation in your chosen training.
Distance learning in fitness and wellness usually lasts between 12 and 24 months. There are also offers that are significantly shorter, but these are generally organized as condensed face-to-face courses.
How to find a wellness coach?
You can now easily find wellness coaches online and hire the best professionals, thanks to Eventeus.com.
As a freelance online marketplace, Eventeus also helps people booking talents for their events and travel experiences worldwide.