Light and Sound designers not only look at the technical aspect but also at the design aspect. It’s about more than just conservative lighting and sound.
Using virtually moving sound sources or acoustic locations, we can set particular accents or even convey the event’s content. With pre-programmed light and color impressions, we create your own atmosphere.
And finally, light and sound flow into our room design — be it the stage or even the entire location.
Finding a lighting and sound set designer, lighting designer for your stage lighting, and a sound designer for your venue is now easy with Eventeus.com talents’ platform online.
What is light and sound design?
The light and sound designer job mixe2 key activities:
- Light Design
- Sound Design
As for the lighting technician, the lighting designer part of the work is about performing audiovisual designs and set up for theater, dance, circus, cinema, television … They plan and implement all lighting and light effects of performed or recorded scenes.
The sound designer dresses and sets to music exhibitions, commercial spaces, attractions, and video games, films, and websites … He is both a technician and a creative.
- Upstream, the light and sound designer supervises the team, ensuring the installation and adjustments of the projectors. He records the light shows that accompany each scene on a computerized console.
- In a large team, the light and sound manager works with lighting technicians. He/she prepares and controls the devices, checks their operation, the power supply, and all the installation connections.
- In the field of video games, the sound designer plays an essential role. His/her job is to imagine the sound environment of the game. Following the gameplay, the scenario, the graphics, and the animation, the sound designer creates sound materials specific to the desired atmosphere: footsteps, slamming of doors, howls, detonations, explosions, cries…
- It uses digital sound banks, either from games previously produced or created especially for the game in development. It can also make outdoor ambiance recordings.
- The light and sound designer masters digital sound creation and editing tools using which he applies various effects (reverberation, compression, filters, etc.). He/she must know computer programming but also acoustics (the study of sounds).
How much does a light and sound designer make?
A Light & Sound designer’s wage is between €2,000 and €3,000 gross per month for a beginner sound designer and up to over €5,000 for an experienced and recognized professional.
How to find experts for light and sound design?
The best way to find professional talents and freelancers such as the best light and sound designer is to connect with people worldwide on the most modern online marketplaces such as Eventesus.com.
What are the tasks of a light and sound designer?
Here are some of the most important tasks and missions for a light and sound design position:
- From the specifications provided by the client, the light and sound designer creates sounds and music, adapts the sound content to space, the context, and the methods of distribution, creates a sound charter, orders music. His/her work is associated with both technical and creative prerequisites.
- The light and sound designer operates upstream, before and during rehearsal, during the performance or filming, until the equipment is dismantled.
- To carry out his work, the light designer eventually talks with the director and the show’s decorator (or the director if he works on a film set). He/she imagines the possible lighting options, tests them, and checks the necessary equipment. He/she draws up a “lighting plan” which contains all the technical information and the effects to be achieved: this lighting plan is then entrusted to the lighting manager.
- Upstream, the light and sound designer supervises the team, ensuring the installation and adjustments of the projectors. He/she records the light shows that accompany each scene on a computerized console during the performance or the shooting.
- The light and sound designer controls the live lighting equipment: fixed and mobile projectors to enhance the sets, the movements, and movements of the actors, filters, shutters, controls from a desk …
- In the field of video games, the sound designer plays an essential role. His/her job is to imagine the sound environment of the game. He/she also takes care of the musical atmosphere, with sound effects accompanying the actions performed …
Hire the best light and sound designers with Eventeus.com now!
Develop your activity, get your name out there and find new clients as Light & Sound Design jobs!
If you start your own business in a freelance profession, you will benefit from several advantages over tradespeople in everyday business. However, you have to meet specific requirements to be recognized as a freelancer.
With Eventeus.com online marketplace, you can promote your skills and services and find new customers worldwide.
As a unique online professional network for artists and freelancers, Eventeus is connecting the best talents to clients and companies around the globe.
If you would like to offer online art classes and online workshops. If you want to promote yourself as a freelance illustrator, designer, artist, and musician … you can do this easily through Eventeus.com!
With a personal space and a large community. You can now offer custom services without having to create a “mass product”!
Besides, as a client, you can also join the platform and look for the best profiles and professionals to enter your new projects. It is a unique opportunity to connect with talents worldwide in no time and to expand your list of professional contacts.